Social Icons

DIY Projects - Magic wands


I've been making these "magic wand" favors all weekend, and am feeling a bit arthritic, but happy to have put so much effort toward these handmade gifts. Since our handfasting ceremony has an elemental theme I wanted everyone to have a magic wand and magic word to help us celebrate.

Each of the 81 wands has a jingle bell and at least four strips of ribbon (black, white, silver and gray), and each wand is wrapped in tape so that there are 13 red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple handles (my handle is white, the groom's handle is black and the ribbon bearer's handle is glittery silver. The bride and groom wands have 36" handles, and ribbons measuring 2 yards, while the wands for everyone else have 12" handles and 3' ribbons.

I even screwed in the eye hooks, attached the swivels and o-rings and cut/tied the ribbons myself. Sore spots are forming and one scissor sliced thumb is healing - but I'm still smiling. What'd you make, or what are you making, for your guests?