Social Icons

What would you do?


I have a dliema and looking for some advice. Our wedding is planned for February 2013. (A Friday evening) We live in FL, and were planning on having an outdoor ceremony on the water, and a reception at my mother's large house. My dad passed away two years ago.

Dilema:

I found a ceremony spot that I love. It is in a small public park, with a boardwalk leading out to a dock in the water. The best part is that you can see the bridge where my dad's ashes were spread. I like that he would be able to 'watch over us' even if he is not physically there.

However, the dock is in a public park. I have inquired and I can rent a pavillion at the park, but not the actual dock. I could still do the ceremony there and I don't think that any one would object to not being on the dock during the ceremony, but technically no one has to leave if they don't want to. Also, the dock is only big enough for about 20 people. I don't have a problem with this. Any other family that would want to see the ceremony would be able to do so on shore without a problem. I don't like a lot of attention, so this works for me to only have immediate family on the dock for a very intimate ceremony and then a larger group to the reception.

What would you do? I feel like this location speaks to me but I don't want to be worried or stressed that we couldn't control any of the park patrons.

Thanks for any help you can provide :)