Social Icons

Outdoor wedding venue ideas?


I know this is a global forum, but after banging my head against the wall for the past few months, I figured it has to be worth a try.

So the FH and I are planning an outdoor wedding for September of next year. Obviously we'd like to have something that has an indoor option, as the weather here in the Northeast is infamously finicky. We want something rural and rustic, as we are both outdoorsy people. It won't be a religious ceremony, so no worry about having a church or the like.

The problem is that, every place that I've looked has absolutely ASTRONOMICAL fees and won't allow outside caterers. One of FH's best friends is a chef at a very nice restaurant and wants to cater as his gift to us (which I'm *obviously* ok with), but I can't find a place that will allow it.

The other hitch is that we're kind of outside the norm, unconventional people, so we're looking for something that fits that side of our personalities as well.

So that's that! If anyone in the Worcester/Boston Massachusetts area knows of an off-the-beaten-path place to have a small, outdoor wedding, I'd love to hear about it!