Social Icons

Anyone else find this rude?


My sister in-law and brother in-law seem to be obsessed with projecting an image of superiority and high social status.

Went over my wife's parents house for the holidays they always do whatever they have to do to place themselves at the head of the main table, even though the parents have to sit else were and the grandma has to stand at the kitchen counter to eat. This is no coincidence as it has happened the past five years I have known them.

We had them over our house two years ago and they actually sat at the head of our table before my wife and I could get out of the kitchen with our meals. I really couldn't even believe that one.

Last weekend we had them over along with the rest of the family. I was quick to get my plate filled first then hurry to the table, the sister in-law was already seated at the head of the table but I sat at the opposite end! As soon as I sat down she was taken aback and started to double speak about why she was sitting at "the head of the table". This statement confirmed for me and the rest of us in ear shot that they knowingly seek to put themselves in dominant positions in social situations. Too funny, I didn't respond to her excuse, I let the silence hang heavy in the air, it was great.

Anyways, they just drive me nuts with this crap. They both have Masters degrees but they work for non-profits and the dept of health and human services so they don't make that much money, you wouldn't know it though by the way they act!