Social Icons

Don't stress on your wedding day


You are the bride, this is your day. So what if someone makes a scene. Yeah, it will suck for a little while, but then it will be over. It's not like someone is going to stand there the entire 5 hours of a reception and scream, right? Think of any other mishap that could end up causing s disaster, the cake topples over and is ruined, someone trips down the isle, whatever, granted those aren't exactly the same, but what do you do, you pick yourself up brush it off and keep walking down the isle, it happens, then it's over. You just move on. So I think you simply need to create that kind of mindset for yourself. Don't take any of this on. If he calls, say simply, I'm so sorry this is bothering you, right now I am going to plan for my wedding which is supposed to be a very special day. I wold really like your support. I have to go now, and hang up. Don't listen to all the screaming, and just don't pick up the phone any longer if he calls.

And if he does show up, if your venue has security or a manager, if anything happens, just say, this person is not on the guest list, please have them removed from the premises.

Also, if the person is demanding an apology from your mother, can you just talk to you Mom and ask her nicely, just say you are sorry before the wedding so nothing happens. Even if you don't mean it, it would mean something to me to not have to worry about this on my special day. Regardless of why they don't get along, can't you Mom be the one to reach out and extend a truce during this special time?