Social Icons

Wedding reception games and activities

Not only have I been creating some elemental-themed games and activities for my wedding guests, but some have been requesting such things themselves! One couple emailed us an image of a mad-libs rsvp card in response to our website survey, where we ask each guest for a favorite color, a verb, a noun and an adjective. One of our groomsmen suggested a word scramble poem with the vows, which we won't be doing ourselves, but have instead invented a "found poem" game for guests to write a basic couplet (or poem style of their choice) using some of the words we received from guests at their table. Another game was inspired by Jillian's I-Spy, and includes a photo scavenger hunt list. There's also an overall event/catering critique request and an icebreaker where people ask others to join them in a unique greeting involving a physical (but nonsexual, of course!) touch. Yes, I know. It's probably all too weird for most of you. But, believe me - it's not too weird for my guests. So tell me, what do you love about the games and/or activities that you plan/ned for your guests during your reception? I'd love to hear how you make traditions more personal.