Social Icons

Wedding Gift Question


A friend's daughter is getting married in September and honeymooning as a condo in Maui. We know the mom and dad really well, the bride a little bit and the groom not at all. Groom is in culinary school. They are both young 20's, are HS sweethearts and each of them still lives at home. We thought, since they will be in a condo to save some $$ and be able to cook, maybe we could get them a $100 GC for a nice resto in Lahaina where they are staying. I know they like seafood so there's a lot of choices there. 

I posted this question on a travel board and several people said they wouldn't like to be reined into going to one particular restaurant. I figured I'd ask bride's mother what kind of places they might like.

Would you be bothered if you got a gift like this? They will be there for a week so I figured one night would be a fancy dinner night.