Social Icons

Bachelor and Bachelorette parties


What did you all do for your bachelor/ette parties?

Since my partner and I are in an open relationship/marriage, our b-parties are not about any last hurrahs of singledom as is usually the case. Instead, we decided we'd rather our b-parties be a time for us to connect with our friends so the guys don't have to worry about me taking the groom away from them and my girls don't worry about the groom taking me away from them when I become his wife.

My guy spent a week in Utah with his groomsmen, where they did all sorts of manly (and some boyish) activities like camping, hiking, driving down dangerous roads and shooting guns.

I just had my party this weekend, which had two parts. Friday night was a slumber party in the woods with my girls where we grilled dinner then stayed up late watching Bridesmaids. Saturday morning they woke me up with a serenade on mandolin and breakfast in bed. We went for a hike in the woods and then returned to the cabin for crafting (we made dozens of feathered hairpieces).

Part 2 began Saturday night, when we went to a psy-trance music party where we danced all night. The next morning, the party was still ongoing so my girls donned tutus and gave me a Bride to Be banner to wear during my naughty Scavenger Hunt. We ended the weekend with a dip in a hot tub and a competitive game of hammering nails into a log at a friend's home nearby.

I am feeling so blessed that our friends understand how our wedding is not just the union of my groom and I, but also a blending of our blood relations and chosen family members. So much love!