Social Icons

Wedding vows help


My fiance and I are writing our own ceremony, including our vows. I've decided to write mine in sonnet form, and he was going to write his free-verse but went with the sonnet format as well after reading mine.

We're injecting a little humor as well, since that's one of the many wonderful life lessons he teaches me every day. I'm promising to get my driver's license before our first anniversary and he's promising to let me drive his car.

How did you decide on your vows?

My wife researched all different vows online and took the bits and pieces of different vows to make our own. This was actually pretty difficult because so many vows say "To death due us part" which we both absolutely didn't want in our vows. The reason for this is because we're realistic. Our philosphy is that we're going to be together as long as our relationship is still good. As soon as it's not good anymore for an extended period of time, then we'll call it quits. Hopefully that doesn't happen, but we're just realistic about relationships.