Social Icons

Today's term is Lossy/Lossless files

When a digital camera takes a photo, the image data is stored on a memory card as a computer file. If the data is stored fully, the file is called a lossless file. These files are quite large in size. The most common type of lossless file in use are TIFFs. To cut down on large file sizes, the camera can throw away parts of the data that the human eye probably won't notice anyway. These files are called lossy. The most common type of lossy file are JPEGs. Caution should be taken when using JPEGs if image quality is important. NB: mp3 music files work in a similar way. The original, complete music file, is stripped down leaving only the bits that the human ear is sensitive to left behind.

I know that was one gift I never gotten now for my sister she got that gift and every time I got into an argument with her she started throwing those big words at me I would never know what to say.

I got the golden hands I can almost fix anything, they would be bring me all kinds of things what this? bang boom this is what it does.

I lost my father at an early age and I ran the streets doing whatever, I dropped out of school like a dummy. Those were the mistakes I made. When I worked I always made it to the top. I'm self taught at everything or show me once and I got it.

When I taught myself computers back in the 80's my youngest sister another word brain child and she's on the phone with my computer brain brother-in-law trying to figure out the problem I wanted to use the phone to call my girl up so I can go get lay, boy she holler at me, what's the problem I'm trying to fix my computer, give me that thing.

I fdisk and reformatted the hard drive and put a program on it which was called powermenu and I give it back to her but where's my program at I think it was called gyro no windows. I hit a button here it is OH how did you learn how to do that? I said never you mind.

I ran my computer repair shop for other 15 years and I was one of the best in the city, everybody came to me and I still get calls. I known all over I had guys come in and tell me we were in a bar in Delaware N guys were talking about you to them selves yea bring your computer to the gadgetman, I was in a restaurant and they switch up on my seafood platter to a fisherman special which was bull crap I was flipping out a guy stood up that's the computer guy.

I had guys beg me to teach them I always told them I don't think about it I just do it it's second nature to me. I was flying through this one guys computer and he said you don't want nobody to learn what I want to get you done so I can move on to the next one.

There's times I read what I have written and said what did I write. The only way to learn something is to do it over and over again so I keep writing the best I know how.

When I closed my store down I was in another guy's store saying I need a job, a guy turn around and said why don't you start one cause that's what I do. I can talk better then I write I stumble on words but I'll keep trying. Running to the fblimit but thanks for the good luck. Peace.