Social Icons

Wedding song ideas

My biological dad is technically in the picture, but did pretty much nothing for me growing up and now. My step dad came into my life when I was 9, and I consider him my dad. I had "I loved her first" all picked out, but now I'm thinking I want to do a song that acknowledges him and my mom since she was my "dad" for the first 9 years.

The "issues", so to speak:
1. My real dad will be at the wedding. I'm going to explain to him that my step dad will be doing the father of the bride stuff, but my goal is to not totally break his heart. (He was never there for me, but I don't want to be flat out mean)
2. My step dad and mom have been divorced for the last 10 years, and he is remarried. (All the more reason I respect him and want to honor him. He still acts as my dad even though he doesn't have to.)
3. After picking "I loved her first", I found out that was one of my best friend's song with her dad. She said she doesn't mind that I'm using the same song, but I can see that it does kind of bother her (not that she would ever say it or hold it against me though). I just feel like with a million songs out there, there has to be another one that fits and that I don't have to "steal" from someone else.

I was thinking of a song that talks about both parents that I could switch from my step dad to my mom in the middle. A country song would be ideal, but I am open to all suggestions. Thanks!