Social Icons

Thinking of changing systems

I'm currently using a Canon EOS digital system with an XT and a 30D.

The XT has around 5K clicks and the 30D around 1K. Hardly used and both bought new.

My issue is that the whole setup has bad memories attached to it. Let me attempt to explain...

I always loved photography and would get the occasional bit of money in, doing photography for fun. Then somebody close to me sold me on the idea of going pro (which I really didn't want to do and didn't have any real desire to do). Needless to say they had me spend a shit load of money that really I would rathe rnot have spent. That individual was quite some scam artist and I am very relieved I have nothing to do with that individual any more.

I'm left with a load of studio stuff and EOS stuff that while I love using it, has those memories attached.

I was very happy just taking photos for myself. In fact I've even used photos that I've taken myself to illustrate a couple of books I wrote. I will freely admit the photos in the book aren't perfect - they're merely there to illustrate what an ordinary Joe can achieve. I seem to be lambasted for them whatever and you know something - I just don't care.

Anyway, I'm looking at losing a shit load of money on all this. I spent 50k on each camera and they're now worth very little more than half a pound of pig dung despite the fact they work perfectly and have had little to no use. I absolutely hate that. I need to cleanse myself of the bad memories so it looks like I should sell everything.