Social Icons

Boat vs Beach Wedding Event

My fiance has given me a $5000 budget to plan a wedding. We're getting married next year. He has suggested to do it on a yacht. I've looked into it and a couple of my friends have had their own weddings on a boat as well but said it was crowded for 40 people. We're having about 50 and the next size up for most companies requires 70 people. But this way I don't have to plan anything, its all included. Now he wants to do our honeymoon on a cruise ship so I don't really want to be on a boat twice even though it'll be different, so I've looked into having our ceremony on the beach, which suits my dress very well. This is not all inclusive so I have to do all the planning myself which is fine. The pricing is about the same either way we go, but what are you're opinions?

Its a waterfront property its on the second floor of a small community building. i can rent it out for 8 hours as opposed to 6 hours (4hrs cruising) on a boat. both places are small but the beach building would be less cramped and i can decorate it how i want. not to mention using the lawn or wander the beach part. I was leaning towards it before he even mentioned the boat. I've found a cheap cater too but don't know if I want to spend money on that. All inclusive would be preferable. I've found this other place on the beach in another city that does it. I dont know if its in my budget so I've just emailed them to find out.

It really depends on your personal tastes. I just recently attended a wedding on a boat. It was 120 guests, the boat claimed to hold 150 but there was barely room to move and it was HOT in the dining room at dinner. The food was mediocre, the cake was mediocre but there was an open bar. It was definitely NOT my ideal wedding.

I would personally much more enjoy a wedding on the beach, even if it were a potluck bbq. I'm kind of a germophobe so I don't really dig on potlucks too much but I can usually find some store bought potato salad or something to munch on.

Obviously the feel of the boat wedding vs. the beach wedding are going to be very different. So what do you feel inclined to do? What is your vision for the beach wedding? Is there a beach near you that can be reserved so strangers don't crash your wedding, or is that even an issue for you?