Social Icons

Instagram wedding photographer


Don't you hate it when people say these comments--
"who needs a photographer? I have an iPhone."

followed by "instagram will put you out of business"

followed by "I'm saving tons on my daughter's wedding photos" (for a night wedding)

followed by "the photos look ok on the phone, but the prints are grainy."

followed by "can you fix these so I can get good 8x10's?"

yes I am venting today! His daughter has wedding photos that have beautiful borders and effects and gimmicks. But the images themselves suck big time. And last but not least, this is the same guy who made the wedding guest list to maximize the numbers of invitees who wouldn't be able to attend due to distance but feel obligated to send a gift.


There's lots of people out there like this. Not much to do but explain what you offer (perhaps in the context of explaining some of the challenges that make experience and capable equipment valuable) and why you think it's worth what you charge, and avoid rubbing it in when it turns sour for them, so they aren't embittered against hiring your for future needs.

One of the most extreme cases I've heard of such cynicism was a lady who demanded that guests who use the bathroom not flush unless it was a #2, and I think she even had limits on that...thankfully not someone I knew. $0.02 cents at most for a flush worth of water, but no friends to share the savings with.

And Instagram is a crime against photography.