Social Icons

My favorite camera for getting a quick shot


When something shows up in my yard that might fly away any second is a Panasonic FZ 200 with it's 25-600mm equivalent full range F2.8 lens--with one very irritating exception. Every time it's turned on or every time it goes into sleep mode the auto focus area returns to the next to smallest auto focus area--I almost always want the pinpoint setting which takes an awkward two steps to set. Custom setting modes don't apparently keep this setting.

Maybe I don't know something about the custom modes ?

I've heard of people hacking camera software ?

I just got a poorly focused shot of an Indigo Bunting which I've never seen before--I'd be willing to blow off the warranty.

I have several other cameras including another Panasonic--a Lumix GH3 that stay where ever I set them.