Social Icons

It looks like the photographer left room

It looks like the photographer left room for the groom on the left side of the photo. If he'd shot it as a vertical, he wouldn't have had to cut off part of her head and arm. At the very least, I think he should have put her in the left third of the frame rather than the right.

The effect consists mainly in exposing for her face, which is in open shade, overexposing the background and using shallow depth of field. This style can be shot in an actual outdoor location or in front of a painted drop in the studio, although this was pretty clearly shot outdoor.

The style is consistent with the pose, and except for the composition, it's a pretty nice example of that style. I don't particularly like that style, but then I almost never worked that market.

If I were working the wedding/portrait market, I would want to have some of this style, along with some of the more traditional approaches, in my portfolio. Hopefully all of it well composed.

A varied portfolio shows the possibilities to the client and lets her/him choose the style.

I have to confess, I don't know what you mean by "the pp," so I just responded to what I saw. I don't think that asking more than one question a day offends anyone.

I am with you on the top of the head and the arm at the bottom of the photo. Bad move. As one poster notes, she spent a lot of time and effort on the hair so a photographer should take note. Also, cropping body parts has rules. Partial appendages are not usually a good idea. This one falls into that category.

Ah the rule of thirds. Not centering a subject and how to do it right. This rule is one that can be rethought. Typically, when the subject includes movement, like a car or plane, there should always be space in front of that object to let the mind perceive forward movement. But not always. A plane may be towards the leading edge of the photo if you wish to show a particularly spectacular contrail, lets say.

When I first looked at this photo the idea that popped into my head is that she id focused on the bouquet, not for what lies ahead, but for where she came from or what brought her to this time and place. So really, its a matter of what you want to portrait. That part of this photo was to me, interesting.

As for the tone, colors, exposure, etc. I am not a good critic. But I agree that could be what the bride wants. So as many of us know, a happy bride is a good thing.