Social Icons

Dealing with a Bridezilla

I own a wedding photography and photo booth rental business. I have been doing the photography part for a while but the photo booth only for a few months. I was hired by a bride to photographer her wedding and when she found out I was offering photo booths she decided to book that too. I have done to this point over 50 photo booth rentals but unfortunately this time I had some technical difficulties with the equipment in the booth and was unable to provide the booth for her wedding. I offered her a full refund for the photo booth rental, obviously, and for her troubles 2 additional spreads in her album. I know she was upset and I felt so bad but at least I was able to provider her with amazing photography.

However, after I send her an apology email the next day she starts to complain about the photography and even left a bad review on a wedding site even before seeing any pictures. She says I was late (even though she asked me to pick up a newspaper for one of her ring shots) she said I missed her giving her bridesmaids their gifts (even though she could have waited for me if it was really that important or told me and we could have reenacted the shots). She also complained that there was only one photographer and that I was not there every second even though her package only included one photographer (she bought my smallest package).

So in order to try to make her happy I rushed to get her photos edited and enhanced in just a couple days. I decided to give her more enhanced photos than what her package included, too. She said she really like the photos. So, yesterday she texts me saying that I was very rude and unprofessional with her brother and some other guests when trying to take the posed shots even though I was right next to her the whole time. They complained to her that I told them not to take their shots until I was done with mine since it can divert eyes and make to process longer (they were hot and thirsty already so I was rushed as it was). She then proceeds to threaten me by saying if I don't come up with something better than an additional 2 album spreads she will post negative reviews about my company all over the internet.

My contract states I don't have to give her any more than a full refund for the photo booth service and I only offered her the 2 more spreads because I felt bad. I have asked her on 4 separate occasions to tell me what she would like instead but get no response. I think she is trying to get some sort of refund on the photography but realizes I did a good job and has no right to one and is trying to get me to offer one.

This is the worst client I have ever dealt with. I have tried to make her happy and she seems bent on ruining mine and my family's livelihood. This is the only was my husband and I support ourselves and our son. Sorry for the long rant. What would you do in this situation?